Jan 9, 2019
Blake and KiKi laugh about not going to their high school reunions while David Burkus shares why it's those dormant ties that could amount to selling the UFC.
David is a best-selling author, sought after speaker and associate professor of leadership and innovation at Oral Roberts University.
His newest book, Friend of a Friend, offers readers a new perspective on how to grow their networks and build key connections—one based on the science of human behavior, not rote networking advice. He’s delivered keynotes to the leaders of Fortune 500 companies and the future leaders of the United States Naval Academy. His TED talk has been viewed over 1.9 million times and he is a regular contributor to Harvard Business Review.
Check out his website: https://davidburkus.com
We talked about:
- Which areas of your network provide the best source of new ideas and insights
- Where the potential blind spots and weak points in your network are
- How to foster authentic, collaborative relationships
- How to effectively grow and strengthen your network
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
- Superheroes and Neil Gaiman
- The history of the UFC
...it was an interesting conversation!
Join David Burkus and Association Chat host KiKi L'Italien for a discussion about the science behind successful networking.